A relaxing, nurturing energy therapy
- Uses gentle, heart-centered touch to assist in balancing Physical, Mental, Emotional, Spiritual well-being.
- Enhances the body's natural ability to heal through the human bio-field, energy centers and energy field
- Works in harmony with standard medical care and is complementary to other health care systems. Safe for all ages.
Is Healing Touch for You?
- Registered nurses
- Licensed Health care professionals
- Body-oriented therapists
- Those who desire to study energy therapy with a commitment to help others
- Open to the interested general public
- Acknowledges previous learning
- Further develops concepts and skills in energy based therapy
- Requires a strong commitment to personal growth.
You will be Learning
- Energy system concepts related to health
- Basics and assessment of the energy system – energy field and energy centers and functions
- Meditation for centering and maintaining energetic flow
- Principles and practice of Healing Touch for personal and professional use
- Multiple specific energy healing techniques
- Principles of self-healing
- Personal development as a healer
- Legal and professional aspects of touch therapies, Ethical Conduct and Standards of practice, and integrity in Healing Touch.
Suzanne Weeks, CHTP/I is a Certified Healing Touch Practitioner, Level One Instructor who began her training in San Diego at Scripps Center for Integrative Medicine. She has a Bachelor's degree from U.C.S.D. in Microbiology and works in food safety. She pursues health and fitness in her own life, drawing from extensive training in coaching, health and nutrition. Suzanne's personal experience helped her realize how important the mind-body connection is to complete wellness and her own self-care. Suzanne also teaches Scuba Diving for U.C. San Diego. for the past 24 years in La Jolla.
Disclosure: Suzanne Weeks is an instructor of the HBB Healing Touch Certificate Program and has the right to use the intellectual property of the HBB Healing Touch Certificate Program Course of Study.
Requirement for class completion and CE (continuing education) Credit:
Participate in entire class, and supervision. Completion of Evaluation
AHNA: 18 contact hours through October 13, 2016
NCBTMB: 18 contact hours
CA Board Registered Nursing: 18 contact hours
HBB Healing Touch
• In-depth solid core curriculum of 5 class levels from beginner to advanced healer including Evolution of the Healer, Holistic and Energetic Foundations, Evidence Based and Best Practice modules.
• Enhances skills and knowledge through lecture, recommended readings and practice sessions.
• Strong commitment to personal growth and knowledge of holistic health principles.
• HBB Healing Touch Certificate Program Certificate of Completion upon satisfactory completion of all 5 levels.
• Leads to eligibility to apply for Certified Healing Touch Practitioner through Healing Beyond Borders, Inc.
• Instructor Training and Advancement available after certification. Prerequisites apply.
• Endorsed by American Holistic Nurses Association
HBB Healing Touch Certification - CHTP
Gold Standard Credential useful in
• Establishing a Healing Touch practice.
• Incorporating Healing Touch as a major focus within an existing professional practice.
Continuing Education Contact Hours
This continuing nursing education activity was approved by the American Holistic Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
Disclaimer Statement: Approval for contact hours through AHNA is based on an assessment of the educational merit of this program and does not constitute endorsement of the use of any specific modality in the care of clients.
HBB is approved by the National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork (NCBTMB) as a continuing education Approved Provider.
• Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP15275. 2010
- "Very comfortable environment. Very knowledgeable and sensitive instructor. Way more than what I expected! Awesome!"
- "Very therapeutic and healing environment. Great learning space.
- "It was an incredible experience I will not forget. I did not expect this but it ended up being a personally healing experience as well. A gift to my life. Thank you for sharing healing touch with me! I'm so excited to practice and share all I learned with my family and friends."
- "Very professional and safe environment. Nurturing. Relaxing, intense, very informative."
- "Very Interactive. The class exercises and demonstrations were very meaningful and most helpful."
- "The class exceeded my expectations. Suzanne is an excellent, compassionate teacher."
- "This was a great class taught in a nurturing and supportive environment. It moved through the information at just the right pace. Suzanne is patient and kind, leaving plenty of time for questions and answers. Wonderful!"
- "The environment was very calming and serene- a lovely place to spend a weekend in class."
- "Suzanne has a wonderful way of educating to the learners ability and acceptance level. Very encouraging."
- "Suzanne was a wonderful instructor. She provided a safe and caring environment for the class. She clearly explained the topics and was clear in answering questions. Classroom setting was comfortable and perfect for class size."